For our final project, Kristina and I have decided to make a ‘Twitter in the Classroom’ wikipage since Twitter is becoming more and more popular everyday. When this wikipage is complete, you will find:
– an explanation of what Twitter is
– the steps of how to set up a Twitter account
– an introduction to using Tweet Deck
– the benefits of using Twitter in your classroom
– some ideas on how to use Twitter in the classroom
– commonly asked questions about Twitter
– a list of resources that we used to complete our project
– and much more!
Some of the pages will have a video that matched the text instructions/steps as a visual for you to follow along. We will be making these videos using Jing to record our computer screens while using Twitter. Since we had never used Jing before, we decided to make a trial video to test it out. So far, we have found it rather easy to use; however, we have struggled uploading the video to our blog since we are using the ‘free’ version and are not able to upload our screen casts to You Tube. We have been able to post it as a link though, so click here to see our very first Jing creation!